Do you need moulding, glass, mount board, conservation or backing board cut to size for a project?
All cutting services orders are cut and checked by our expert team.
Our Cutting Service Options
Moulding Chop & Router
- Choose from our huge range of mouldings
- Mitre cut, trimmed and sanded to the size you need
- Take advantage of our router service for an easy corner joining solution
- We can even add an optional 2mm tolerance for easy fitting
- All you need is a hammer!
Mount Board Cutting
- Massive collection of mount board to choose from
- We can cut an aperture in to the mount board for your art
- Just measure your art and fill out the form
- Accurately cut with diligence by our expert team
- No tools required!
Glass & Boards
- Everything your framing project needs to protect your art
- perfect for refurbishing frames
- Glass, low reflection and acrylic glazing options
- All your glass and boards cut to size
*Please note we currently can only ship Acrylic sheets, Glass is available for collection in store
How to build your chop service frame
What materials do we use?
Come visit us for advice and in store exclusive offers
🕒 9.00 AM – 05:00 PM
🗓️ Monday – Friday
📞 01494 459545
Bespoke framing service
Looking for something a little more professional?
Why not book an appointment to talk to one of our Framing consultants, who will be able to help you choose the perfect frame for your masterpiece.
What is glass size?
Glass size is the total width and height of the frame contents, including the subject/art, any border created through mounts and the 5mm overlap required for the moulding to prevent the contents falling out.
What is a moulding?
Moulding is a length of wood, aluminium or plastic designed to be mitre-cut to form picture frames. A huge array of designs is available, in varying widths, depths and finishes like; painted, embossed, laminated, veneered or gilded designs, many are sold unfinished so that framers can apply their own finishes and flourishes by hand
Is there a size limit?
Yes, for delivery 1800mm by 1800mm or less
For store collection 2700mm by 2700mm or less
What do I get with my Chop service order?
In the package you will find four expertly cut and mitred pieces of your chosen moulding.
If you selected our Easy Joining Solution (router service), in addition to the moulding, we provide glue, cleaning cloth and the 4 inserts for joining your order.
Why do you add a 2mm tolerance?
2mm tolerance is a standard concept in the framing industry where the framer will cut your measurements 2mm bigger than requested. This allows for your contents going into the frame to fit perfectly.
How long does the service take?
The chop & router service generally takes 1-2 working days, with an additional day for shipping if necessary.
If a moulding is unavailable, this can delay the process by 2-3 days.
A staff member will notify you of any delays at the earliest chance.
Still have a question?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch